Remember there are three type of people who never lose their job for being repeatedly wrong:. Meteorologists. Psephologists. Astrologer And yet we religiously choose to follow their guidelines, do you know why? The Sanskrit term 'dasha' in Hindu astrology is used to indicate planetary periods. The planetary periods indicate when the good or bad effects are produced according to their placement by sign (Rasi), house (Bhava), combinations (Yogas or Raja Yogas) or aspects (Drishti). Introduction to Vedic astrology, indian astrology, vedic numerology and indian numerology, with focus on the 9 Planets: Sun - Moon - Jupiter - Rahu - Mercury - Venus - Ketu - Saturn - Mars.
Signs, Vedic Astrology, My astrology. Edit source History Talk (0) Share. Western Vedic; Constellation:— Cancer. Astrology Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. View Mobile Site.
The University of Vedic Astrology was founded by Joni Patry.
- The entire university if self-paced and entirely online full of students and tutors from around the world.
- There are 6 semesters with 8 lessons each you must complete for full certification. The first 5 semesters have a test after each lesson. You will work with your tutor who will grade your test and help you with any questions you may have. Once you have completed the first 5 semesters, you can take the 6th semester, where you work with Joni directly on 7 assignments and a live reading.
- There are live webinars you may join every other week, all of which are recorded if you wish to watch later.
- We also have a free monthly book club and I offer discounts for astrological conferences where you can meet more like-minded souls.
- Students are encouraged to join the University of Vedic Astrology student forum on WhatsApp to communicate with and learn from each other.
- You can pay semester by semester, but when you pay up front for the entire University, you save $1,000. Also, when you have paid for all the semesters you can listen in on any of the live webinars regardless of what semester you are taking tests in. Students often tell me this is one of the biggest benefits of paying up front!
- If you follow along with the group of students that attend the Live webinars for each semester, each semester takes 8 weeks to complete. We have small breaks at some points to allow some that have fallen behind to catch up. When you follow the group the entire certification takes about one year, but always remember you can go at your own pace and take a shorter amount of time or longer.
- Within 24 hours of signing up, you will get a welcome note and links and passwords to enter the University website.
- Once you are a graduate of The University of Vedic Astrology, you may become a tutor. You are also encouraged to write articles for Astrologic Magazine and begin your own platform and astrological business.
- Many of our students have gone on to create thriving businesses offering various astrological services.
- Additionally, graduates are encouraged to create their own platform of classes on UVA. Shreekala Ram has done this with her Jaimini courses.
Joni Patry lives in Dallas, Texas and is one of the most recognized teachers and Vedic astrologers in the world. She was a faculty member for ACVA, CVA and Instructor for online certification programs, published many books, journals and appeared on national and international television shows. Joni graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Psychology
As the keynote speaker for international conferences, she has a Japanese website, and teaches in Turkey and India.
She has been awarded the 2015 Jyotish Star of the year and Dr B. V. Raman's Janma Shatamanothsava Award Jyotisha Choodamani.
She publishes an online astrological magazine, Astrologic Magazineand has an online University for certification, the University of Vedic Astrology.
Joni’s Recent Predictions BEFORE they happened!
- President Trump would get the Coronavirus (2020)
- Coronavirus (2019)
- Bitcoin (2017)
- New French President (2017)
- Trump wins the election (2016)
- Secrets and Scandals on the Clintons (2016)
- Coupe in Istanbul, Turkey (2016)
- Attack in Paris (2015)
- Air Disaster with Malaysian Airlines (2014)
- Attack in Egypt (2013)
- Protest in Istanbul (2013)
- Earthquake in Japan (2011)
- Vedic track coordinator for UAC (United Astrology Conference) - Chicago 2018.
- Faculty member for ACVA, CVA and Instructor for the online College and certification programs
- 2015 Jyotish Star of the year recipient
- Dr B. V. Raman's Janma Shatamanothsava Award Jyotisha Choodamani
- Publishes an online astrological magazine, Astrologic Magazine
- Teaches her own online University for certification, the University of Vedic Astrology
- Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Patry
- Interviewed by International Fox News on predictions for the Presidential race
- Featured guest on the nationally syndicated radio/internet show, Coast to Coast
- Regular television appearances on Good Morning Texas (an ABC affiliate)
- Television appearances on” Saba” in Istanbul, Turkey
- Interviewed on the YouTube channel KRS
- Joni Patry Youtube Channel: Millions of views (increasing daily) and nearly 8,000 daily subscribers
- GetAstrologicNow Youtube Channel: World Predictions 2014 -2017 (nearly 400,000 total views)
- Featured in Faces, a widely circulated Turkish magazine
- 4 books published on Amazon and translated in Turkish
- Japanese Website
- Joni publicly predicted the Japanese earthquake one month before it happened in March 2011
- Published in Saptarishis Astrology, an annual multi-lingual astrological e-magazine read in 120 countries
- Keynote speaker for national and international conferences, and has been on national television and radio programs as an authority on both Western and Vedic astrology.
- BAVA (British Association of Vedic Astrology)- London, England
- ISAR (International Society for Astrological Research)- Chicago, IL, Orange County, CA
- UAC (United Astrology Conference)- Denver, CO, New Orleans, LA
- NCGR (National Council for Geocosmic Research) Philadelphia, PA
- BDTB (Breaking Down The Borders) International Online Conference
- ACVA (International Symposiums for the American Council of Vedic Astrology)- Sedona, AZ, Kauai, HI
- Eastern Astrology for Western Minds - Dallas, TX
- Holistic Inner Science Conference – Houston, TX
- Holistic Science Conference- Oak Ridge, TN
- The Blast- Sedona, AZ
- CVA (Council of Vedic Astrology)- Seattle, WA
- 36th Annual International Astrology and Oriental Heritage Conference, Kolkata, India
Last updated on March 30th, 2021 at 02:43 am
What is astrology?
Astrology is the science of stars, which examines the positions of planets and other heavenly bodies and concentrates on the study of the effects of these positions of living beings.
The term astrology comes from the Latin word astrologia, which translates to the science and study of the stars.
Astrology is deeply linked with astronomy, which is the science that studies all the celestial objects. Hence, all the scientific details including the physical properties of celestial objects play a major role in determining the exact effect on human being and their behavior.
As a part of astrology is metaphysical, intuition must be harnessed to understand how it affects humans. That is, some of the effects that are caused as per astrological indications, are intangible or ard to explain practically.
At the same time, this science involves real objects that have physical properties and can be interpreted with mathematical formulas and scientific properties. Similarly, the astrological birth chart is created using mathematical formulas that reflect the positioning of these celestial objects.
In addition to that, the effects and accuracy of astrology are tested and proven throughout the history of the human race.
That is why it is considered real science, which at the same time has a metaphysical effect, that cannot be seen or touched.
What is Vedic sidereal astrology?
Vedic astrology uses the sidereal system which observes actual star or nakshatra positions of the planets.
By using sidereal timing system it is possible to make more precise interpretations that are in full accordance with the cosmic climate as the planets are accurately aligned with the actual star positions.
Why are outer planets, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto not practiced in Vedic astrology?
The reason for this is that these planets are outer planets of our Solar system that cannot be observed with the naked eye without a telescope. Because of that, these planets have a less direct effect on life on Earth.
In fact, in addition to these outer planets, there are also other objects (after Pluto) that might be orbiting our solar system but these do not have to be necessarily included in birth chart readings of Earthlings.
As inner planets can be seen with the naked eye, they are said to give a direct effect on us and material reality. This is why ancient sages of astrology adapted these planets into the system called Vedic astrology or Jyotish in Hindi.
What is the difference between Vedic sidereal and western tropical astrology?
Vedic astrology is recognized as sidereal astrology in modern days. The fundamental astronomical difference between tropical and sidereal astrology is that they use different timing systems wherein a sidereal timing system is applied in Vedic astrology.
The sidereal timekeeping system is actually used by astronomers to keep track of Celestial Objects and their actual positions in the sky.
The word sidereal is derived from the Latin ford sidus which means star or nakshatra.
This means that the length of a sidereal year is the actual time that takes for the Sun to make a full circle and return to the same position with respect to the star or nakshatra as it started.
To be specific, the length of a sidereal day is 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds. Accordingly, the sidereal year becomes about 20 minutes longer when compared to the tropical year due to the precession of the equinox.
Why are my tropical and sidereal zodiac signs different?
This difference is caused by the precession of Vernal equinox which means that the rotational axis of the Earth is shifting slowly and it takes 25,800 years for the axis of Earth to make a full rotation.
Tropical astrology fixes the vernal equinox of the Northern Hemisphere to 0 degrees of Aries, which in other words is the Sun’s position at the March equinox. The precession of the equinox is not considered in this system and therefore rest of the zodiac circle is defined from this point.
However, the sidereal system defines all zodiac signs from the point relative to the motion of stars due to the precession of the equinox.
Accordingly, the two systems become different as they drift 1 degree apart every 72 years, as on system accommodates the precession of equinox while another does not.
As a result of this difference, the positions of planets in the tropical birth charts in modern days are also drifted apart from their actual positions in the sky with respect to the stars or nakshatras.
The role and importance of the Navagraha developed over time with various influences. Deifying the sun and its astrological significance occurred as early as the Vedic period and was recorded in the Vedas. The earliest work of astrology recorded in India is the Vedanga Jyotisha which began to be. Vedic astrology symbols. AstroSage.com is committed to give you all the tools and knowledge related to astrology. Today, money-minded fake astrologers are creating disbelief in the minds of people and here at AstroSage.com we want to give you everything so that you can make your own mind relaetd to astrology. +61 413 124 809; ASTROLOGY TV; ABOUT; NEWS BLOG; CONTACT; Search for: Search.
Why is tropical astrology still used when there is such a difference?
When tropical astrology was adopted during the Hellenistic period (323 – 32 BC), the difference between sidereal and tropical was very small.
Hence, during the time when tropical astrology was taken into use, the tropical and sidereal zodiacs were lined up almost perfectly.
This also means that tropical birth chart calculations made back in that time were almost in synch with actual star positions.
Back in these times, 0 degrees of Aries of Vernal Equinox (aka First Point Of Aries) corresponded to actual Aries constellation. However, due to the precession of the equinox, it no longer does correlate in tropical western astrology.
As the equinox shifts approximately 1 degree every 72 years, the Earth axis has drifted to approximately 6 degrees of Pisces during the time from the Hellenistic period to the present day and age. It will drift to Aquarius by the year 2600.
Accordingly, the difference is approximately 23 degrees today which is almost the span of a full sign of 30 degrees.
According to all of this information, many planets are misaligned in the tropical birth chart from actual positions in the sky during the birth. That is why sidereal and tropical birth charts are different.
However, in the sidereal birth chart, the misalignment is corrected using a special correction degree which is called Ayanamsha.
Now when it comes to the calculation of the birth chart using a modern calendar, which is accommodated with the tropical year (which is approximately 20 minutes shorter than a sidereal year), it comes to a conflict with the real positioning of Sun and other planets with the respect of star positions.
As a result, the planetary positions are out of synchronization in a tropical birth chart with respect to actual positions of planets.
In Vedic sidereal astrology, however, the correction degree that synchronizes the modern calendar year with an actual cosmic calendar (sidereal solar year) automatically.
The term is called Ayanamsha in Vedic astrology. To be specific, the most accurate True Lahiri/Chitrapaksha Ayanamsha, which is currently exactly 22.46047 degrees is added during the calculation of the birth chart which synchronizes the drift of equinox.
As a result, we get a precise position of the planets with respect to actual star positions as a result.
The Ayanamsha will take care that the accurate sidereal calculations will be precise while the equinox continues to drift 1 degree westwards every 72 years.
For the same reason, Ayanamsha can be simply called the difference of degree between tropical and sidereal planetary positions, whereas the sidereal is true and shows actual planetary degrees.
For instance, when you were born on 10th September 1994, your actual and true Sun sign is Leo (sidereal), and not Virgo (tropical).
This is why the Sun sign in tropical or western astrology birth chart is different when compared to the Vedic sidereal astrology birth chart.
Probably most of you, who have different Sun signs in tropical and sidereal, can actually more relate to the sidereal Sun sign as per character and inner soul.
Let us see what people from the community say
This also means that the actual sidereal birthday is different from the birthday in the calendar when a person is born. The actual birthday is termed as Vedic Weekday which carries a lot of importance because each day is ruled by each planet.
For instance, when a person was born on the Vedic weekday of Wednesday, it means that this soul was sent to earth by Mercury or Hermes which gives a lot of information about the soul purpose of the native.
As the zodiac signs are different in both astrological branches, it means that the characteristics of zodiac signs are also a bit different. In tropical, the characteristics must be adapted and changed accordingly with the precession of equinox while in sidereal the characteristics of zodiac signs remain the same from beginnings of ages till today.
This is why in sidereal, it is possible to rely on ancient scriptures while reading birth charts.
This is also why readings in tropical and Vedic astrology are done differently. Both lead to correct and precise results but from a completely different angle. For instance, the planetary lordships and aspects are completely different in both systems.In fact, there is also a branch called western sidereal astrology which uses same timing system as Vedic does. The aspect and planetary lordship system remains different.
Proof of this can be examined using plain eyesight as well. If you look at the night sky and find a planet in a specific position with respect to the stars, you can see that your sidereal birth chart has exact same actual position while tropical western chart has other position that in the actual sky.
If you have no experience in finding planets with the naked eye, you can use an astronomical application, such as Stellariumin order to see actual planetary positions and compare it to the Vedic sidereal astrology birth chart of the same date and time when you are observing the sky.
Example of 17.02.2020
Astrology, Philosophy & Religion
To begin with, astrology is and never was any branch of witchcraft because astrology uses real science and physical objects in order to derive the results, and not any ghosts or magic.
In religion, the exploitation of witchcraft or magic is strongly prohibited as it means to go against the will of God by altering the destiny of events and people. Doing anything that opposes the almighty God is indeed sinful, and astrologers strongly agree on this.
All religions, including Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism (order does not prioritize one over another) condemn black magic and praise genuine sciences, such as astronomy, that benefit humankind. Religions also forbid seeking fortune without putting in real and dignified work.
Astrology concentrates on actual facts and provides wisdom to deal with reality instead of seeking surrealistic ways to artificially increase fortune. Everything in this universe functions by the will of God which astrology tries to tell us. By looking at our charts, we can acknowledge who we are and why we are here to help synchronize our souls with the will of God.
Ancient astrology or Jyotish bases entirely on Dharma or righteousness which means that it is originally created by supreme beings through the guidance of God and archangels. It is created for humans to become enlightened through wisdom and find the path to Almighty God.
Jyotish or the science of astronomy is considered one important part of Vedanga, which is the collection of important teachings in Hinduism. In fact, Hinduism is the oldest religion formed around 7000 BCE which concentrates entirely on righteousness just like the religious teachings of all other religions in the world formed throughout time.
With that being said, ancient or Vedic astrology also teaches that there is only one source of every beginning, only one and only almighty God.
What is more, astrology is proof that black magic actually does not work. All the curses or blessings a person has are the direct result of their own deeds and karmic baggage. Therefore, the destiny of a person and its soul is never reliant on a third person. Everything is and will be always in the hands of almighty God.
Map Towards Enlightenment & Righteousness
Hence, practicing and studying astrology is not sinful as it does not involve the exploitation of magic or witchcraft that alters human behavior. Instead, astrologers concentrate on the natural will of God and use celestial bodies as a translation of the will of God.
In other words, astrologers take all the natural events, such as movements of planets as a sign from God, which tells us the right and moral path. In addition to that, astrology concentrates highly on righteousness and fulfillment of karma, that is assigned to us by almighty God.
Concentration on righteousness & purity
Moreover, Vedic astrology concentrates on achieving salvation or the purest form of the soul which grants access to heaven and return to the one and only creator, almighty God. This proves that Vedic astrology purely concentrates on the purity of the soul and righteousness.
Vedic Astrology Calculator
Wisdom is the greatest value or the highest good. Whoever is blessed with wisdom has been granted abundant wealth & happiness. That is because wisdom helps us to distinct moral from immoral. Thus, wisdom promotes righteousness, ethics, and morals.
As an instance from mundane life, meteorologists also predict or precalculate the climate and weather conditions in order to help humanity to prepare and behave accordingly.
For instance, predicting climate catastrophes such as storms and hurricanes is crucial for the well being of communities and therefore is indeed a pious act.
In fact, astronomy and astrology were used in medieval times to predict weather that was extremely important for sailors.
Free Vedic Astrology Report
Astrology works the same way as astrologists examine the cosmic climate in order to guide people to the right path which is in accordance with the will of one and only almighty God.
According to the above mentioned, Vedic sidereal astrology is suitable for everyone, regardless of cultural background, ethnicity, or religion.