In the Vasya Guna Milan test for Horoscope Matching, natives (based on the 12 zodiac signs) are classified into five different animals.Following is the bifurcation: Chatushpada: These are the Quadrupeds which comprises of Taurus, second half of Sagittarius, Aries, and the first half of Capricorn. Nara: These are Humans which comprises of Aquarius, Gemini, the first half of Sagittarius, Libra. The custom in Vedic society is to examine the horoscopes of a girl and boy being considered for marriage to see whether their combination is suitable. Vedic astrology reveals whether one has been born in the vipra-varna, kshatriya-varna, vaishya-varna or Shudra-varna, according to. Varna Matching in Astakoota Rule: the Varna of the groom should be equal or higher than the Varna of the bride. Favourable combinations get 1 point, else 0.
There are four Varnas
- Brahmin (or Vipra): priest, highest caste
- Kshattriya: warrior, ruler of the earth
- Vaishya: merchant, doing business
- Shudra: doing service, lowest caste
- Brahmin: love to God is the source of spirituality
- Kshattriya: has to prove spiritual conciousness in wordly actions, given power by grace
- Vaishya: dealing, feeling the advantages of religious inclination
- Shudra: religious by tradition or not interested at all
Calculation of VarnaThere are several different methods to determine the Varna, based upon
- Rasi of the Moon
- Navamsa of the Moon
- Other objects like Ascendant or Sun
- Nakshatra of the Moon (more than four Varnas)
|Brahmin||Water||Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces|
|Kshattriya||Fire||Aries, Leo, Sagittarius|
|Vaishya||Air||Gemini, Libra, Aquarius|
|Shudra||Earth||Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn|
Varna Matching in AstakootaRule: the Varna of the groom should be equal or higher than the Varna of the bride.Favourable combinations get 1 point, else 0.
Varna of a person is determined from his or her Birth Rashi( MOON SIGN ).
1) BRAHMIN VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Cancer or Scorpio or Pisces is considered Brahmin by Varna in Hindu Vedic Astrology .
2) KSHATRIYA VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Aries or Leo or Sagittarius is considered Kshatriya by Varna in Hindu Vedic Astrology.
3) VAISHYA VARNA: Person whose Birth Rashi is Taurus or Virgo or Capricorn is considered Vaishya by Varna in Hindu Vedic Astrology.
Vipra Varna In Astrology Vedic4) SHUDRA VARNA : Person whose Birth Rashi is Gemini or Libra or Aquarius is considered Shudra by Varna in Hindu Vedic Astrology.
In Hindu Vedic Astrology Varna is considered very important during matching of girl's horoscope with boy's horoscope for the purpose of marriage .
VARNA COMPATIBILITY CHART :
BOY.......... GIRL....... POINT
BRAHMIN ... BRAHMIN ..... 1
Vipra Varna In Astrology Birth Chart
BRAHMIN.... KSHATRIYA.... 1
BRAHMIN.... VAISHYA...... 1
BRAHMIN.... SHUDRA...... 1
KSHATRIYA... BRAHMIN.... 0
KSHATRIYA... VAISHYA.... 1
VAISHYA ..... BRAHMIN.... 0
VAISHYA...... KSHATRIYA.. 0
VAISHYA...... VAISHYA.... 1
VASHYA....... SHUDRA..... 1
SHUDRA....... BRAHMIN ... 0
Vipra Varna In Astrology ChartSHUDRA....... KSHATRIYA.. 0
SHUDRA........ VASHYA .....0