- What Is Astronomy Is It The Same As Astrology
- What Is Astronomy Is It The Same As Astrology Characteristics
- What Is The Difference Between Astrology And Astronomy
What is the length of day at the equator? I recently told a friend with great certainty that at the equator the sun rose and set at exactly 12 hour intervals at roughly 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. (depending on the time zone) every day of the year. Now I'm not so sure.
Astrology is infinite. Each of the 12 zodiac archetypes pop up in different areas of your life, which is where the astrological houses come to play but what do houses mean in astrology, anyway? There are only 10 planets in astrology while there are 12 houses, so every person has at least 2 empty houses (it's usually 3-5). This doesn't mean the energy of that house isn't present in your life. It actually means you're not as focused on it because it's not as much of a struggle! However, do not get confused, as the Houses are not the same as the zodiac wheel, which is based on the sun’s yearly rotational movement. Instead, the Houses reflect the earth’s own 24-hour. What does the first house in astrology mean.
What Is Astronomy Is It The Same As Astrology
What Is Astronomy Is It The Same As Astrology Characteristics
You're right. It is always exactly 12 hours. There are a couple of different ways you can convince yourself that this is so, but I think the easiest one is this symmetry argument:
In the Northern Hemisphere, the length of the day is longer during the months when the North Pole is tilted towards the Sun and shorter during the months when it's tilted away from the Sun. The reverse is true for the Southern Hemisphere. The Equator is exactly halfway in between the poles. So it wouldn't make any sense for a day on the equator to be longer when one of the poles is tilted towards the Sun, and shorter when the other one is.
Nowadays, professional astronomy is often said to be the same as astrophysics. Professional astronomy is split into observational and theoretical branches. Observational astronomy is focused on acquiring data from observations of astronomical objects. This data is then analyzed using basic principles of physics. Bottom line: You might associate the word zodiac with astrology, but it has an honored place in astronomy, too. The zodiac is defined by 12 constellations that lie along the annual path of the sun.
- The amateur astronomy hobby contains words, labels, and technical terms that may seem be a little confusing for both beginners and the more experienced hobbyists. This glossary of astronomy terms contains definitions for some of the most common words used in astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics, and space exploration. You can click on any letter.
- What is the length of day at the equator? I recently told a friend with great certainty that at the equator the sun rose and set at exactly 12 hour intervals at roughly 6 a.m. (depending on the time zone) every day of the year.
What Is The Difference Between Astrology And Astronomy
This page was last updated on June 27, 2015.