- Kamen Rider Fourze Zodiarts / Characters - TV Tropes
- Kamen Rider Fourze
- Today's Free Daily Horoscopes - Astrology.com
- See Full List On Kamenrider.fandom.com
They are the main enemy in Kamen Rider Fourze. They are human beings that use a Zodiarts Switch to transform a monster based on star constellations. There are two types of Zodiarts: ones based on actual constellations and ones based on the Zodiac. The ones based on the Zodiac are called Horoscopes and are much stronger than the typical Zodiarts. The Horoscopes are created from surpassing Last One which separates the human host from the Zodiarts body. If successful in becoming a Horoscope, the human host is remerged with the new Zodiarts form.
Miura Toshiya 三浦 俊也
The Horoscopes are twelve Zodiarts based on the constellations of the Western Astrological Zodiac and the main antagonists of Kamen Rider Fourze. They are Zodiarts that are completely evolved from their human selves while keeping their human bodies, unlike Last One Zodiarts. Horoscopes are a group of twelve Zodiarts, each representing a constellation of the Western Zodiac. They are direct subordinates to Gamou, giving out Zodiarts Switches on his behalf, and are notably stronger than regular Zodiarts.
Played by: Mizuno Masanori 水野 真典
Miura Toshiya is a second year student and equipment manager of the American Football club at Ama High. He always wanted to play but Shun wouldn't allow him and forced him to be his own personal servant. That frustration lead him to becoming the Orion Zodiarts. He desired to destroy Shun and the school with his new-found power. Fourze took him to space and defeat him with Rider Rocket Space Drill Kick. After Miura recovered from his defeat, he refused to go to school because he would succumb to the power of the Switch again. It took the support of the Kamen Rider Club and his girlfriend, Yamamoto Mari, to overcome the desire for the Switch. Even though he was offered to join the Kamen Rider Club, he decides to join the photography club with his girlfriend.
Orion Zodiarts possess great strength and resistance while producing explosions from his stars. When going to Last One, he gains a club and shield.
Sakuma Tamae 佐久間 珠恵
Played by: Yoshikawa Maria 吉川 まりあ
Sakuma Tamae is a third year student and a member of the cheerleader club at Ama High. She was one of Miu's sidekicks who personally hated Miu for her run as Queen of Ama High. Tamae was given a Zodiarts Switch by Scorpion and became the Chameleon Zodiarts. With her power, she forced Hirota Reiko not to enter Queenfest along with two other girls. During her performance at Queenfest, Tamae pretend to be attacked by Chameleon so she could change and attack the remaining candidates. In case if her attack failed, she setup a hidden camera where Miu was badmouthing the student body and destroying their gifts. She personally attacked Miu a second time which she greatly injures Miu. Tamae thought she had Queenfest won but Miu returns and gives a strong speech that wins over the student body. She kidnaps Miu from the stage which Fourze fights her for one last time. Fourze defeats the Chameleon Zodiarts which Miu forgives Tamae and tells her to defeat her fairly.
Tamae makes a return appearance as former Zodiarts were coming back which Chameleon was one of the returning Zodiarts. She was going to ask Gentarou to prom but he accused her of being Chameleon again. Eventually the Kamen Rider Club figured out that Tamae hasn't become Chameleon but a hair copy from the Coma Zodiarts. She ends up going to prom with Jin.
Chameleon Zodiarts has the power to blend into its surroundings, climb walls, and a tongue that acts like a whip.
Niita Fumihiro 新田 文博
Played by: Uji Kiyotaka 宇治 清高
Niita Fumihiro is a first year student and member of the fencing club at Ama High. He used to a friend of JK until he discovered that he used him to protect him from bullies especially the injuries he received made him unable to appear in a match. He got the perfect chance for revenge when Scorpion gave him a Zodiarts Switch. He constantly attack JK but Fourze kept getting in his way. Eventually he manages to capture JK and tells him if one of his friends shows up within an hour that he will release him. Niita was right about JK for the most part except Gentarou shows up even though JK betray him earlier and calling his idea of friendship foolish. He wasn't going to release JK regardless but ends up being defeated by Elec States. Gentarou tells Niita that he wish he met him sooner so he could stopped him.
Unicorn Zodiarts initially had no special attacks but was able to detach his horn and use it as a rapier. He even can shoot out energy horseshoes.
Satake Teruhiko 佐竹 輝彦
Played by: Sato Ryuji 佐藤 流司
Satake Teruhiko is a first year student at Ama High. His father is a teacher at Ama High who prides himself of punishing students and putting them through hellish supplementary lessons. Even though he is an honors student, he acts like a delinquent outside of school mostly to rebel against his father. Scorpion gives him a Zodiarts Switch which transforms him into the Hound Zodiarts. As the Hound Zodiarts, he commits various crimes usually vandalizing and stealing chains. Teruhiko is defeated by the combination of Fourze and Shun piloting the Powerdizer.
Hound Zodiarts uses its claw and chain around its neck to fight. It also has the ability to fire needle energy bullets. When it achieve Last One, its hide became extremely hard to scratch.
Usaka Ritsuko 鵜坂 律子
Played by: Kajiwara Hikari 梶原 ひかり
Kamen Rider Fourze Zodiarts / Characters - TV Tropes
Usaka Ritsuko is a third year student at Ama High. Throughout her life, she was blamed for unusual events that occurred around her and seems to have similar psychic powers as Tomoko. Once Scorpion gave her a Zodiarts Switch, she started a coven of witches with other students including Tomoko. Ritsuko used her Zodiarts powers in the background to make believe that the other members had powers as well. Her witch coven managed to terrorize the student body with their acts of revenge. Ritsuko was planning to burn the school and ensnares the Kamen Rider Club to stop them from preventing her plans. Tomoko realizes that Ritsuko was wrong for what she was doing and takes her staff from her. As Tomoko was trying to keep the staff away from Ritsuko, the Kamen Rider Club got free and confront her. In the end, she was defeated by Fourze's Fire States.
Ritsuko made a return appearance as she was accused of being the Altar Zodiarts again. She was going to ask Gentarou to prom but when he said that he didn't believe her, she became angry at him. Tomoko was still her friend and believe her that she wasn't Altar. Ritsuko was proven innocence when the Kamen Rider Club discover that the Altar Zodiarts was actually a hair clone from the Coma Zodiarts. In the end, she went out with Ryuusei to prom which wasn't her first choice as she still wanted Gentarou but still happy with the choice.
Altar Zodiarts normally was supposed to have only telekinesis but with her obsession with the occult, she developed pyrokinetic powers as well. She also has a staff which she can use to fight directly or send out fireballs from it. With her telekinetic powers, she uses the medallions to give the other witches similar powers as her but at a lesser degree.
Makise Hiroki 牧瀬 弘樹
Played by: Shinohara Takafumi 篠原 孝文
Makise Hiroki is a second year student and president of the Astronomy Club at Ama High. He has an overbearing personality that makes people repelled away from him. Makise has a deep infatuation with Yuuki due to her having the same interest in the stars but eventually despises her for rejecting him. He planned to get revenge on her by helping her find the locker that was the key to the Rabbit Hutch and destroy it in front of her. He was successful in the plan but in actually it was a fake locker which neither party knew at the time. Makise decided to get rid of every girl (except Yuuki) who rejected him by driving a bus off a broken bridge. His plan was a failure due to Powerdizer stopping the bus and eventually Fourze defeating him with a combination of Stealth and Elec States. Makise was punished for his actions by the other girls.
Pyris Zodiarts has the ability to move things and people the way he wants with his horns on his arms. They also act as dowsing rods to locate objects. His combat ability is rather limited due to Makise's personality.
Motoyama Soushi 元山 惣帥
Played by: Akimoto Ryutarou 秋元 龍太朗
Motoyama Soshi is a second year student and president of the Art Club at Ama High. His quest of perfection of an art piece for a kindergarten made him suitable for a Zodiarts Switch. Motoyama used the power to petrify everything that would disrupt his concentration. He was initially defeated by Fire States but was able to surpass Last One. Gentarou was able to reach Motoyama's human side even though he was still under the influence of the Switch by showing him even though Gentarou's drawing is bad, his feelings show through regardless. Motoyama realized that his quest of perfection for him only and forgot about the people the drawing was for. This realization made Libra angry since it stop any chance of Perseus becoming a Horoscope and turn him into a berserker as punishment. With the help of Meteor and the Pen Switch, Fourze was able to defeat the berserk Motoyama. Motoyama ends up starting anew with his drawing for the kindergarten afterwards.
Perseus Zodiarts has the ability to petrify things through touch via the Medusa head on his left hand. After surpassing Last One, he was able to fire beams from the Medusa head which causes the same petrification effect. He also carries a sword which he charged up for a powerful attack.
Canis Minor Zodiarts
Sonoda Sarina 園田 紗里奈
Venus in 12th house vedic astrology. Played by: Konan Yuka 虎南 有香
Sonoda was a student at Ama High when she used the Switch given by Libra to become the Canis Minor Zodiarts. She later surpassed Last One and evolved into the Scorpion Zodiarts. Her abilities as Canis Minor are unknown since it was only shown once as a flashback.
Nonomura Kimio 野々村 公夫
Played by: Yamazaki Shohei 山崎 将平
Nonomura Kimio is a second year student who views himself as Kengo's rival and studies all the time to best him. When Libra gives him a Zodiarts Switch, he decides that physically eliminating the competition is a better idea. He initially attacks Kengo but was stopped by Fourze. When Gentarou discovers that Nonomura is Lynx and confronts him with it, he takes JK hostage so Gentarou couldn't attack him. JK was saved by Meteor and was defeated by him but that allow him to surpass Last One. Libra tells him that he can evolve into a Horoscope if he destroys everything he doesn't like. Nonomura attacks the school with Dustards but is confronted by Fourze. He was defeated by Fourze with Rider Lightning Drill Kick.
Lynx Zodiarts process great speed and agility which makes his claws even more damaging.
Nomoto Jin 野本 仁
Played by: Ando Ryu 安藤 龍
Nomoto Jin is a third year student and captain of the track and field club at Ama High. He rules over the club with his harsh rule of no outside help and cannot date. Libra gives him a Zodiarts Switch and was asked to defeat both Fourze and Meteor. He seemed to be the perfect choice as he overpowered the both of them in multiple encounters. Jin tries to figure out Meteor's identity by thinking it was Kengo at first but later thought it was Shun. Eventually Jin reveals himself as Dragon he fights with Rumi because she got better without his help. He was defeated by Fourze with Magnet States.
Jin makes a return appearance as he was being accused of being the Dragon Zodiarts once again. He was proven innocent when the Kamen Rider Club discovered that the Dragon Zodiarts was actually a hair clone of the Coma Zodiarts. He ends up going to prom with Tamae due to Gentarou's insistence.
Dragon Zodiarts has the strength of a Horoscope with his great strength and incredible resistance to normal attacks which also includes electricity and fire. He is able to redirect electrical and heat energy that makes contact with him and able to produce metal shotputs to throw at the enemy.
Kijima Natsuji 鬼島 夏児
Played by: Tamoto Soran タモト 清嵐
Kijima Natsuji is a second year student and president of the Rakugo Research Club at Ama High. He finds a Zodiarts Switch which was previously dropped by Libra during an encounter with Fourze. He becomes the Pegasus Zodiart and fights athletes while imimating Utuski Haruka since she took his fan after hitting her with it. After being defeated by Fourze, Virgo bought his body so he could evolve into the Cancer Zodiarts.
Pegasus Zodiarts' main strength comes from its kicks since it is based off a horse. It can fire energy horseshoes from its feet. Even though Pegasus was a horse with wings, the Zodiarts apparently can't fly or chose not to.
Eguchi Norio 江口 規夫
Played by: Nagashima Shugo 永嶋 柊吾
Eguchi Norio is a student at Ama High who wants to be a hero even since seeing Fourze fighting the Lynx Zodiarts but tends to run away when danger is nearby. Libra gives him a Zodiarts Switch when he first activated the Switch, Norio developed a second personality called Kyknos. While under this second personality, he performs heroic acts but attacks anyone who mocks him and willing to use human shields.
Eventually an entire club was devoted to him called the Ugly Duckling Society with former member of the ballet club, Toriizaki Misa, is the president. They were unaware that Norio was actually Kyknos and even dock him points for his cowardly actions. When Fourze initially encounters Kyknos, he tries to be his friend which even Kyknos helps him with battling Cancer. During the second encounter, Kyknos used Tomoko as a shield against Meteor which made Fourze attack him and revealing his goal that he wants to be the only hero of Ama High. Eventually Norio became afraid of his Kyknos personality and even had a fake fight with him which was how the Kamen Rider Club figured out Kyknos's identity. The Kamen Rider Club came up with a plan to allow Norio to be a hero without relying on Kyknos. They were successful in their attempt but Cancer found him and took him to the Ugly Duckling Society. They forced him to press the Switch in its Last One state which allow the Kyknos personality to become the primary one. The Cygnus Zodiarts was defeated by Meteor who wanted revenge for his previous defeat. Norio's original personality was restored and now dressed as Fourze, he does good deeds.
Cygnus Zodiarts possess great combat ability and could use feathers as deadly projectiles.
Tokuda Yayoi 徳田 弥生
Played by: Suzuki Kasumi 鈴木 かすみ
Tokuda Yayoi is a third year student and member of the journalism club at Ama High. She has only eyes for scoops but secretly does not want her high school life to end. When she was given a Zodiarts Switch by Cancer, she used its power to create clones of Chameleon, Altar, and Dragon Zodiarts so the graduation ceremony and prom would be cancelled. Tokuda didn't count on that the school would move forward regardless of the Zodiarts' attacks so tries to destroy both graduation and prom herself. Eventually she was defeated by Magnet States and Powerdizer.
Coma Zodiarts has the ability to create clones of Zodiarts with her hair. She also can use her hair as tentacles.
Kusao Haru 草尾 ハル
Played by: Araki Jigen 荒木 次元
Kusao Haru is a first year student at Ama High. During middle school, he was on the swim team and was secretly bullied by the members except for his friend, Kuroki Ran. She was the one that got Haru on the swim team and thus was hated by the other members because she was a great swimmer. The events that occurred there led to Ran distrusting upper classmates.
Haru is rather weak willed and is constantly protected by Ran. This feeling of weakness made him an ideal candidate for a Zodiarts Switch. Libra gives him a Switch and transforms him into the Musca Zodiarts. Initially his strength wasn't great and was almost beaten by Fourze and Meteor in the first encounter. His desire to protect Ran enable him to change his form. He was almost beaten a second time by Fourze but Ran became a human shield for him. Out of anger for what Ran did, Haru threw away his friendship key chain. At that point, he became corrupted by the power of the Zodiarts Switch. He reached Last One when Ran was arguing with Oosugi and changed his form again. Before he was defeated by Fourze, Ran managed to restore his mind by realizing that he didn't want to be protected by her anymore and promised not to protect him anymore. Afterwards, both Haru and Ran became provisionary members of the Kamen Rider Club.
Musca Zodiarts has great jumping ability and able to spit out mucus that can bind opponents. He gains two other forms as he became more corrupted by the Zodiarts Switch. The second form creates green spiked gauntlets on his arms and legs along with the ability to split into a bunch of flies which he couldn't control. The third form was achieved by the Last One Switch. In this form, he gains wings and green spiky shoulder pads. His eyes are also green and can control his ability to split into flies.
Yamada Tatsumori 山田 竜守
Played by: Kawahara Kazuma 川原 一馬
Before becoming an exchange student, Yamada was a second year student at Ama High and member of the drama club. He got a Zodiarts Switch that allows him to become the Lepus Zodiarts. Once he became the exchange student to Subaruboshi High, activating the Switch allow him to evolve to the Aries Zodiarts. The Zodiarts was shown in a flashback and thus his abilities are completely unknown.
Gotou Toujirou 五藤 東次郎
Played by Kawamura Ryousuke 川村 亮介
This Zodiarts was referred by name only as Libra used his Laplace Eye to find Horoscope candidates. It was the form that gave birth to the Capricorn Zodiarts.
Twelve Zodiac Apostles
The lead villains on Kamen Rider Fourze.
The apostles are the commanders of the Horoscopes. They are the evolved versions of the Zodiarts. They are effectively equals to each other, despite whatever ranking they had as a regular Zodiarts. However, they are all subordinate to the Red Eyed Man.
When a Zodiarts evolves into an apostle, their brightest star must shine. After a certain point, the Zodiarts will recombine with the comatose body and they will take on a new form, based on one of the Zodiac constellations.
In addition to their special abilities, the twelve apostles have special powers called Supernova. This ability is different depending on the particular apostle. Gamou can confer this ability if he desires, or an apostle can develop it on his or her own.
Apostles can create Dustards, ninjalike servants created from star dust.
Failure to serve Gamou results in being sent to the Dark Nebula or having their memories erased by Virgo.
- Sagittarius Zodiarts / Gamou Mitsuaki (我望 光明)
- Played by Tsurumi Shingo (鶴見 辰吾)
- Scorpion Zodiarts / Sonoda Sarina (園田 紗里奈)
- Played by Konan Yuka (虎南 有香), Voiced by Takemoto Eiji (竹本 英史)
- Libra Zodiarts / Hayami Kouhei (速水 公平)
- Played by Amano Kousei (天野 浩成)
- Virgo Zodiarts / Emoto Kuniteru
- Played by Yamagisa Hajime (山崎一), Voiced by Tanaka Rie (田中 理恵 )
- Leo Zodiarts /Tatsugami Kou (立神吼)
- Played by Yokoyama Kazutoshi (横山一敏) (Suit too)
- Cancer Zodiarts / Kijima Natsuji (鬼島 夏児)
- Played by Tamoto Soran タモト 清嵐
- Aries Zodiarts / Yamada Tatsumori(山田 竜守)
- Played by Kawahara Kazuma 川原 一馬
- Capricorn Zodiarts / Gotou Toujirou (五藤 東次郎)
- Played by Kawamura Ryousuke (川村 亮介)
- Aquarius Zodiarts / Eline Suda エリーヌ須田
- Played by Karen Takizawa 滝沢カレン
- Taurus Zodiarts / Sugiura Yuuta 杉浦雄太
- Played by Itogi Kenta 絲木建太
- Voiced by Konno Hiromi 今野宏美
- Pisces Zodiarts / Kuroki Ran
Kamen Rider Fourze
- Played by Honoka Rin ほのか りん
- TV Asahi site (Horoscopes)
Media in category 'Kamen Rider Fourze Zodiarts'
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Altar Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 142 KB
- Aquarius Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 231 KB
- Aries Nova.jpg429 × 599; 157 KB
- Aries Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 230 KB
- Cancer Nova.jpg429 × 599; 226 KB
- Cancer Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 242 KB
- Capricorn Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 201 KB
- Chameleon Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 139 KB
- Coma Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 139 KB
- Cygnus Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 133 KB
- Dragon Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 142 KB
- Gemini Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 221 KB
- Hound Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 136 KB
- Leo Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 209 KB
- Libra Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 197 KB
- Lynx Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 126 KB
- Musca Zodiarts(a).jpg429 × 599; 142 KB
- Musca Zodiarts(b).jpg429 × 599; 144 KB
- Musca Zodiarts(c).jpg429 × 599; 142 KB
- Orion Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 146 KB
- Pegasus Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 142 KB
- Perseus Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 140 KB
- Pisces Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 222 KB
- Pyris Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 135 KB
- Sagittarius Nova.jpg429 × 599; 224 KB
- Sagittarius Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 237 KB
- Scorpion Nova.jpg429 × 599; 206 KB
- Scorpion Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 222 KB
- Taurus Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 215 KB
- Unicorn Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 134 KB
- Virgo Zodiarts.jpg429 × 599; 224 KB
- Create New
An enigmatic organization opposed to the Zodiarts, and creators of the Meteor System. Their base of operations is the M-BUS(Meteor-Backup Satellite), which fires a beam of Cosmic Energy that enables the transformation into Kamen Rider Meteor.
- Early-Bird Cameo: If you go back to the first episode, the M-BUS can be seen.
- Homage: The name of the group itself is a homage to the Anti-Shocker Union of the original Kamen Rider.
- Space Station: The Union's headquarters.
Ryusei Sakuta/Kamen Rider Meteor
Live Actor: Ryo Yoshizawa
A mysterious transfer student who secretly fights as Kamen Rider Meteor. While he acts awkward and shy to gain the trust of those around him, his true persona is that of a super-serious loner who is coldly dedicated to his mission. He is attempting to awaken the Aries Zodiarts, believing that its powers can be used to save the life of Jiro Iseki, his best friend and fellow martial artist who fell into a coma after a failed attempt to activate a Zodiarts Switch.
- Aloof Ally: He'll fight with the Kamen Rider Club, but he's not going to fight with them as partners. Initially.
- Arrogant Kung Fu Guy: Subverted. He seems to be level-headed and calm, but the idea of letting Lynx Zodiarts go before Fourze can stop him from becoming a Horoscopes didn't make him a good guy in the eyes of the Kamen Rider Club.
- Tachibana notes this in Episode 27, stating that his strength has made him conceited, which is why he initially denied him the Meteor Storm upgrade.
- Also, he mocks Fourze giving into Lynx Zodiarts' wishes to protect JK, even though he's Meteor for the very same reason in saving his friend.
- However, in a twist of irony, when Cygnus Zodiarts used Tomoko in Episode 23 as a Human Shield, he hesitates. Granted, it used the shield ploy better than Lynx (read: moved Tomoko's head in the way of a Mars Breaker-backed punch)
- The irony returns in #30 when Libra transforms into Tomoko which prevents Meteor Storm from attacking him.
- The Atoner: During the tail end of #32 for killing Gentaro the previous episode. This even carries onto the following episode as he states 'I will protect Gentaro'..even though so far he's trying to prevent a girl from being Gentaro's girlfriend.
- Badass: Manage to kick the ass of Libra Zodiarts, despite him being a member of the Horoscopes. Not to mention his awesome Jeet Kune Do fighting style.
- Badass Abnormal: Practiced in martial arts before being Meteor.
- Brought Down to Badass: During #32, after his ability to transform into Meteor is taken away for his actions. He still manages to kick tons of Dustard butt.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Compared to manypastsecondRiders, he prefers fighting hand-to-hand.
- Beneath the Mask: He pretends to be a friendly person, but truthfully can't stand Gentaro at all and is a morose, aloof guy at heart. Gentaro realizes the moment he sees him that he's wearing a mask and doesn't let him in the club until he gets a taste of what's under it.
- Becoming the Mask: Seems to be happening slowly. A good example is in Episode 26, where he notes that Shun and Miu's departure could be detrimental to the Club's function, just like Gentaro noted.
- Berserk Button: Gentaro taking down the potential Horoscopes Zodiarts before it has a chance causes Ryusei to damn near blow his cover.
- Another one was in Episode 20; Kengo's replies as to why he won't return to the club made him remember the altercation he had with Jiro. He was about to clock Kengo into Saturn if he had the chance.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Gentaro just before he was going to be massacred by both Libra and Perseus Zodiarts in Episode 16. Does it again just as Lynx is about to pounce on him in Episode 17.
- And again in Episode 32, as it's his only way to protect the Kamen Rider Club whom he betrayed.
- Catch Phrase: When he introduces himself to an enemy, 'Kamen Rider Meteor, I'll decide your fate!'
- When he's in Storm States, 'Kamen Rider Meteor Storm, my fate will deliver a storm!'
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Sports an awesome one in #33 as he tries to prevent Yukina from getting too close to Gentaro.
- Cool Bike: The Machine Meteorstar. Part motorcycle, part satellite from the looks of it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Jiro possessed a Zodiarts Switch but it backfired. Now the guy's in a coma and Ryusei's off to save him.
- Deal with the Devil: Allied himself with Aries Zodiarts to save Jiro. The first order of business? Kill Fourze!. Worse is that Aries kept his word..only for Jiro to relapse upon learning of what he did.
- Dynamic Entry: Meteor's henshin produces a Sphere of Power around him that allows him to fly in like..well, a meteor, which he's used in this fashion.
- Easily Forgiven: From Gentaro, the guy he killed in Episode 31 and who holds no real malice. The other KRC members follow suit. To his credit him Ryusei is genuinely remorseful of what he did.
- Eureka Moment: Gains one in Episode 22 regarding the identity of Pegasus Zodiarts when Shun mentions how they should be careful whenever Gentaro used Magnet States and after Kengo warned JK about the sensitivity of the equipment on the Rabbit Hatch.
- False Friend: Invoked as part of his cover. Gentaro is actually Too Dumb to Fool and can tell right from the start that he was hiding his true self. However, Gentaro does accept him into the club after he punches him, because he picks up on the real him and wants to be the friend with that Ryusei.
- The 'false' is even emphasized because he decided to no longer make any friends when Jiro stated that friendship was ridiculous.
- Finishing Move
- Starlight Shower: A series of fast punches, activated by placing the Meteor Switch in the Meteor Galaxy.
- Meteor Strike: A powerful kick activated by turning on the Meteor Switch in the Meteor Driver.
- Meteor Tornado: A spinning attack activated by turning on the Meteor Switch in the Meteor Driver.
- Meteor Storm Punisher: Inserts the Meteor Storm Switch into the Meteor Storm Shaft, after which the tip of the switch is shot out like a spinning top. It also absorbs the Zodiarts' Cosmic Energy and uses it against them. This has the added bonus of making it safe to destroy them thanks to draining off the extra energy.
- Funny Bruce Lee Noises: He seems inordinately fond of these.
- Hero-Killer: Forced to kill Gentaro as the part of his bargain with the Aries Zodiarts to save Jiro in Episode 31.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The Meteor Storm Punisher is essentially a weaponized version. It absorbs the Zodiarts' own energy and uses it against them.
- Hypocrite: Mocks Gentaro into giving into Lynx Zodiarts in exchange for JK's safety. Yet, he's out there as Meteor so he can save his own friend.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: He admits in Episode 32 that all this time he wanted to be friends with Gentaro, but his determination to save Jiro ruined all of that (and ended up killing Gentaro). Cue him in a 'My God, What Have I Done?' moment in the rain.
- Idiot Ball: Went after Cancer Zodiarts to an empty library and untransformed, without realizing he could still be in the room.
- Inner Monologue: Done to show his inner thoughts. The 'echoing narration' version is used most of the time, but Episode 27 has an interesting variation: during his monologue, he's facing away from the Club (who seem to be frozen in place) and Meteor's henshin music is playing in the background.
- Japanese Pronouns: He normally uses 'ore,' but switches to 'boku' when in his Ordinary High School Student persona.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Mentally berates the members of the KRC but he can also be nice to them. He helped communicate with Kengo in Episode 19, stopped himself from punching Tomoko in the face in Episode 23, and help Shun and Miu realize that they're still important to the KRC.
- Slowly becoming less and less of a jerk, and at the end of Episode 32 he accepts Gentaro's hand of friendship for good.
- Kiai: In a manner similar to Bruce Lee's. Justified in that he fights using none other than Lee's Jeet Kune Do.
- Knight in Star-studded Armor: Seems to be going this way towards Tomoko, due to always showing up the moment right before she gets attacked.
- Made of Iron: You'd think Cygnus Zodiarts stamping on his arm would leave some kind of Game-Breaking Injury that would clue in the others on who he is. No such luck.
- Meaningful Name: 'Ryusei' means meteor.
- In fact, when talking about actual meteors, the whole cast uses the rarely employed inseki instead, because if it wasn't the case his cover would be blown within five minutes!
- My God, What Have I Done?: Sure Jiro woke up and deactivated his Zodiarts Switch, but then he relapsed after losing his will to live over hearing of Ryusei's betrayal - all for his sake. Ryusei walks away through a Grey Rain of Depression with sheer guilt in his heart, wondering if saving Jiro was worth killing Gentaro before breaking down and screaming Gentaro's name.
- Mysterious Protector: Even when we know who he is, he has tons of traits of this trope.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Untransformed in the library instead of just running off, unaware that Kijima is watching. Now Tachibana has to terminate his abilities!
- Nice Job Fixing It,Anti-Hero: Nearly blew his cover by punching Gentaro out of frustration over seeing him destroy Lynx Zodiarts, but it works to his advantage soon, since it allowed Gentaro to see a bit of the true Ryusei and have him join the Kamen Rider Club just so he can make friends with that Ryusei as opposed to the cover.
- Not So Above It All: Went through Character Development similar to Kengo's, making him finally join in some of the Club's antics.
- Not So Different: Gentaro once more. Even though they have different philosophies and goals, Ryusei will take the time to help out his fellow Kamen Rider Club members and cheer them up just like Gentaro does with everyone else he meets.
- Ryusei states that he's not different from the club in general. They try to do the best for each other, stick together through and through and would sacrifice themselves in order to help others.
- Oh Crap: At the end of #27, he's unable to transform into Kamen Rider Meteor due to him untransforming at a very wrong moment and Kijima observing it. Made even worse because the Meteor Switch makes Tachibana able to keep an eye on everything Ryusei does.
- At the end of #31 when Tachibana cancels Meteor's transformation, revealing his identity to the Kamen Rider Club!
- Only Friend: He may mock Gentaro for having so many friends and not taking things seriously, but the one thing that is keeping him from turning evil is that he's got a close friend - probably the only friend he'll ever consider - that he wants to save from a coma.
- Only Sane Man: To the Kamen Rider Club - except that he's having some doubts where Tomoko's witchcraft is concerned.
- Pet the Dog: When Cygnus used Tomoko as a Human Shield, Meteor decided to halt his Mars Breaker punch to save her.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: 'I'll decide your fate!'
- As Meteor Storm: 'My fate will will deliver a storm!'
- Pride: While subtle, #27 highlights that he is arrogant. He believes that his identity as Meteor won't be found out and that he wants the new upgrade for Meteor because he doesn't believe the suit is capable of giving him the power he needs. Tachibana notes that his arrogance is getting in the way of his true strength, which is why not only does Ryusei get his identity discovered, but he doesn't get the Meteor suit back.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Gentaro's red. (One of two)
- Secret Identity: He needs to keep the identity of Meteor this or else the suit goes bye bye. Due to having the Idiot Ball in #27, it happens.
- But thanks to him killing Gentaro, Tachibana cancels the transformation so now the Kamen Rider Club knows.
- And in the end of #32 all of the Kamen Rider Club-minus Ohsugi who came in a little later-are sworn to keep the identity a secret.
- Shadow Archetype: This is Gentaro if Gentaro decided to just focus on his own needs rather than playing The Messiah to others.
- Ship Tease: With Nozama. Exploited by Libra in episode #30 by turning into her to prevent Ryusei from finishing him off.Well even the Horoscopes are shipping them.
- Sixth Ranger: He fights the Zodiarts as Meteor, but joins the club as Ryusei under false pretenses, that is until he begins Becoming the Mask.
- Sphere of Power: Meteor's henshin forms a blue energy sphere around him for a short time. Unlike most other henshin effects that come with a convenient defensive barrier, this one can actually do some damage.
- Super Mode: MeteorStorm
- Golden Super Mode: Has a good deal of gold in the color scheme.
- Surrounded by Idiots/Only Sane Man: How he compares his work with the Kamen Rider Club to be.
- Tempting Fate: Sure Ryusei, tell your supporter that your identity will never be found out. Surprise, surprise. It did. Nice job, idiot.
- The Rival: Seems to be one with Leo Zodiarts.
- Transfer Student Uniforms: He's even able to let Ohsugi let him wear it, once he shows him the School Handbook reguarding the uniform, also letting Gentaro finally off the hook for wearing his Delinquent style.
- Weak but Skilled: Lacks Fourze's sheer arsenal, but makes up for it by being a skilled martial artist.
- Weapon of Choice
- Swiss Army Weapon: Meteor Galaxy
- Playing with Fire: Mars Breaker 
- Power Fist: Jupiter Hammer 
- Rings of Death: Saturn Sorcery 
- Simple Staff: Meteor Storm Shaft
- Battle Tops: Meteor Storm Switch
- Swiss Army Weapon: Meteor Galaxy
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He lets Lynx Zodiarts go in the attempt to find out whether or not it will become the Horoscope General: Aries Zodiarts.
- He kills Gentaro so he could ask Aries Zodiarts to heal his friend.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In his debut episode, he's got flack from the Kamen Rider Club for letting the Lynx Zodiarts go free instead of letting them land the final blow on him.
- Episode 18 continues this with Tomoko screaming that Kamen Riders are supposed to be heroes, something that he definitely isn't in her eyes. However he brushes it off as he states that his view of justice isn't equal to what the Kamen Rider Club believe.
- He also gets partially called out by Cygnus for running away while Tomoko was on her own. At least Meteor didn't clock Tomoko in the face with a miniature Mars.
- He kills Gentaro with the one-inch punch so he could save Jiro by allying himself with Aries Zodiarts. Even Tachibana was shocked and had to cancel the Meteor Storm transformation, and now the whole Kamen Rider Club knows what's happened. Made even worse because Tachibana himself stated that he could try to find a cure to save Jiro once Aries was captured.
- The reason he did this was because Tachibana said he could TRY to save Jirou that way, not actually wake him up. Ryusei wants to save Jirou, and with the best Tachibana can do is only trying to save him, he went for the direct route, which is doing what the Aries Zodiarts wants so he can wake up Jirou.
- And then Jiro calls him out on what he did in #31, then goes unconscious for losing the 'will to live' thanks to Ryusei killing Gentaro.
- When He Smiles: In #26, he gives an honest smile that makes him seem that he's not a complete jerk after all.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: As Tachibana states in #27, 'Because Cancer has discovered your identity, you can no longer be Meteor.'
- Used again in #31, when Tachibana revokes his decision on Ryusei gaining Meteor's powers after he kills Gentaro. However, the ending implies Tachibana gives him the power back after he's been redeemed.
Today's Free Daily Horoscopes - Astrology.com
Voice Actor: Nobuyuki Hiyama
See Full List On Kamenrider.fandom.com
A masked man who resides in M-BUS, acting as support to Ryusei.
- Anonymous Benefactor: He's the one who sent Kengo the Gate Switch in the very beginning.
- Big Damn Heroes: #32, where he remote controls the Meteorstar as a distraction for Kengo to escape with Gentaro's body.
- Big Good: For Meteor. And as revealed in #32, the Kamen Rider Club as well, as he sent Kengo the Gate Switch that created the portal in the first place.
- Find the Cure: believes that studying the Aries Switch would allow him to find a way to heal Jiro. Ryusei, however, isn't taking that chance.
- Know When to Fold'Em: in #36, he believes the Leo Zodiarts is too powerful for Meteor to fight, and advises Ryusei to just flee the next time they meet.
- Mission Control: He is to Ryusei what Kengo is to Gentaro.
- Mythology Gag: Names himself after Tobei Tachibana, the man who aided the eight Showa Riders.
- Only One Name: And even then it's only implied to be but a pseudonym.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Aside from the Sadistic Choice below which was a Secret Test of Character anyway, he's generally supportive and supplies advice and information to Ryusei. And when Ryusei steps out of line in #31 by killing Gentarou to protect Aries, remotely deactivates the Meteor transformation immediately.
- Sadistic Choice: Makes Ryusei choose between getting his Super Mode and saving the Kamen Rider Club. It was a test. Had he sacrificed the Kamen Rider Club, he'd have not gotten the Meteor Storm Switch.
- Secret Test of Character: His Sadistic Choice. Had Ryusei chosen to get the Meteor Storm Switch instead of saving the Kamen Rider Club, he'd have been denied it.
- Shout-Out: Come on, the robotic Cool Mask? Daft Punk!
- Take Up My Sword: Acknowledges that he cannot fight on his own despite his goal of defeating the Zodiarts before their Cosmic Energy can cause more havoc. To this end he instead trains Ryusei to fight in his place.
- ↑it says that the uniform is recommended but not required
- ↑Meteor summons a small Mars planet, where he blasts the enemy with fire.
- ↑Meteor summons a small Jupiter planet to punch the enemy with.
- ↑Meteor summons a small Saturn planet, where he swings energy rings at the enemy.